Webinar “Job Interview Skills for International Companies”
KUI (Kantor Urusan Internasional) dan Pusat Karir STIE Malangkucecwara mengundang mahasiswa dan alumni pada webinar “Job Interview Skill for International Companies” pada hari Jumat, 24 Maret 2023 melalui Zoom Meeting. Narasumber kali ini adalah dosen dari University Technology Mara – Malaysia) yaitu Ir. Ts. Dr. Suzi Seroja Sarnin.
Ms Suzi explained that interview skills are skill or actions that allow a person to be more effective throughout the interview process for a new position. Not all interview skills are conventional, rather, many interview skills help candidates prepare for the interview and guide them as they participate in job interviews. One of tips to get your first interview after graduation with no experience is spend time on your CV.
Some strategies for figuring out how people dress for their jobs are : (1) Ask your recruiter or someone who worksat the company, (2) Search for company profiles online.
What to wear to an interview :
- Suit : wear a fitted, single breasted suit
- Colours : wear neutral colours and try to avoid garish prints
- Shoes : wear comfortable shoes, heels are fine, but stilettos not so much
- Hairstyle : make sure your hair is well-kempt, and in a neat professional style
- Jacket : jacket shouldn’t be too long or too short
- Trousers : make sure trousers (or skirt) are the appropriate length.
Here tips to get your first job after graduation with no experience :
- Try your hand at networking
- Research : researching both the company and the position you’re applying for.
- Punctually : make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled interview time
How to answer the question during interview?
Be ready for question :
- How to introduce yourself in an interview
- What are your weakness ?
- What are some of your strenghts?
- What motivates you?
- What are you passionate about?
- Where do you see in 5 years?